Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day!

I'm always trying to come up with new ways to let my dad know how special he is on Father's Day. His birthday is less than a month before and I always feel fresh out of ideas when June rolls around. Since I had a little more time on my hands than usual this year I decided to sew him a tie! He wears a tie every Sunday so I knew it was something he would get some use out of!

I know the fabric is a little girly but I loved the aqua, yellow and grey combo! AND floral print is in! My dad doesn't know how lucky he is to have such a fashionista for a daughter. ha!


I bought the fun swiss dot fabric at Joann's for less than $5 bucks a yard. I love how much the dot's texture added to the tie! I used the tutorial here for my pattern.


I had so much fun making this tie but best of all, I learned so much! I'm never been much of a hand sewer besides the occasional button here or there but I learned a lot of cool things; like the blind hem or slip stitch. (awesome!)

I'm waiting for a picture of my papa wearing it, but I heard it was a hit!

1 comment: